Opti 930

I'm having boatloads of fun trying to get my Opti 930 working under linux.
It's an internal sound board in my laptop.  Every time I try throwing

modprobe mad16.o io=0x0e80 irq=10 dma=1,3

it gives me

/lib/modules/preferred/misc/sb.o: init_module: Device or Resource Busy
sound: Device or resource busy
sound: Device or respurce busy

I'm using the numbers that Windows gave me for the IO and stuff, and the
config line is straight from sndconfig (which returns the same errors).
I've wiped out my conf.modules and took out all the sound init stuff in my
rc.d scripts so I know it's not conflicting with any other config options
(at least that I can tell).

FYI this configuration is my sad attempt of making an MP3 jukebox for my
car.  The only thing I actually need working is sound, which is the only
thing not working at the moment.  I'm only slightly frustrated :-)

Thanks!!

-Brian