Re: [TCLUG:17705] Opti 930

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 01:29:53AM -0500, Brian wrote:
>/lib/modules/preferred/misc/sb.o: init_module: Device or Resource Busy
>sound: Device or resource busy
>sound: Device or respurce busy

A couple of places you can check. cat /proc/ioports , devices, interrupts etc
and see if something is using the resources your card needs. Also (I/m not
sure what kind of BIOS you have, but if there is a "Plug and Play OS" Setting
in there, Shut it off. This makes the bios initialize all the hardware. You
might also try and reserve the resources for the card in the bios.

If all this fails, my guess is that you have the wrong drivers, and or wrong
settings. Remember justbecause windows said it neede IRQ doesn't make it
right.

--

Ben Lutgens         651-632-6162
Sysadmin / IT Consultant