Re: [TCLUG:16820] Stone Soup computers (related to Obsolete Hardware)

At the installfest I managed to give away some things, but I have a lot
more I would like to find a home for.  Failing that, I'd like to know
the right way to dispose of some things.

I seem to have two serial terminals (probably a Wyse 50 and a Wyse 185),
a 386 mainboard with processor and 8 MB of memory in an AT case, some
misc ethernet NIC cards (which may or may not work), a couple of token
ring cards (which the kernel might support if you compiled in the right
options).

Problematic for me are a couple of monochrome monitors.  There is a
mono video card for the 386; if someone wanted it, I could give them
along with it.  Otherwise, does anybody know how I should dispose of
monochrome monitors (presumably they have the lead in them that modern
color monitors do, too).

Anybody want to create and maintain a "free hardware" page?

(I'm not in a position to do so right now; see following messages.)

dsc