RE: [TCLUG:18137] The NT lamer

> I'd like to see that too... Has anybody thought about sending it to the site
> that posted the original note?  I suppose you might want to get his permission
> first, although I'm not sure if you'd actually *have* to.  I mean, as an
> experienced sysadmin, he must understand that unencrypted e-mail carries no
> expectation of privacy, right?

IMO, that would be a bad idea. His email might have implied copyright
protection, but who wants to deal with the lawyers long enough to find
out? It's probably not really decent to even publicize the note to this
list without his knowing.

The diplomatic approach would seem to be to courteously and
enthusiastically encourage him to send the note himself. Much more ground
would be gained this way, at virtually no risk of inflaming him. Forcing
someone to eat crow is likely to lose an ally.

Andy