Re: [TCLUG:18170] why disconnects?

Do the computers share an actual phone line (wall->computer->computer)?
If so, which one?

#1) [wall line jack]-----[his computer]-----[your computer]

#2) [wall line jack]-----[your computer]-----[his computer]

#3) [wall line jack]-----[Y-splitter]-----[your computer]

                              +-----------[his computer]

It sounds like #1 to me. #2 would put you at an advantage, but #3 would
be a fairer arrangement. If both computers plug into line jacks it
probably is a difference in modems as Eric suggests.

I bring it up because I have had a couple of my computers set up this
way, and it is just another excuse to make pictures with ASCII.

Troy