Re: [TCLUG:18208] SSL tutorial

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 12:20:25PM -0500, Timothy Wilson wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has run across any particularly good summary of how
> to implement Apache/SSL for secure browsing. I'll probably need to set that
> up this summer, but I haven't had very good luck finding the kind of
> documentation I need. I'm looking for an overview of the process before I
> dig into the nitty-gritty specifics.

Have you looked at the mod_ssl documentation yet?  I set it up a while back,
and I don't recall it as being terribly difficult.  You just need OpenSSL
already installed, and the rest is pretty easy.  The main thing you need to
get is a server certificate (from Verisign or Thawte, usually) which
identifies the server.  Once you have that, it's no harder than adding any
other Apache module.  (The best way is to use apxs...)

--
David Carter ** dcarter@visi.com
Network Engineer -- VISI.com