Re: [TCLUG:18425] RS232 keyboard

> I'm not sure how much sense an RS-232C keyboard would make.
>
> That would mean that it has an RS-232C-conforming connector and can
> send serial data.  If it's a terminal then it would have a male
> connector (DB25 25-bin) configured for DTE.
>
> This really sounds like it ought to be a terminal.
>
> It would be intersting to know how an "RS-232C keyboard" compares
> with any other kind of keyboard.

These are all good questions!  I don't know what the data from an RS232
keyboard would look like, but I had not thought to use a terminal, but I
bet that would do the trick.  I'd just have to cross wires and turn the
DTE into DCE.  A co-worker had suggested a device manufactured by
BlackBox (tm) that is a PS/2 <-> RS232 converter (rumored to be part
#IC813A).  I wish I knew what that device did...

--
Seth Bernsen
Software Engineer