Re: [TCLUG:401] 56k modem

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Ben Kochie wrote:

> well.. I perfer USR/3com modems, and also multi-tech.. ANY modem will work
> with linux, except the "winmodem" kind.. my suggestion is a Sportster v.90
> or a courier v.everything.. I also suggest that you go to this web page
>
> http://www.interprise.com/dsl
>
> it's new, it's fast, it is way more cool than a modem.  I know one person
> who has a RADSL line intalled, and running.. he loves it

I set up xDSL on a friend's linux box yesterday (boy, the dhcpcd howto is
rather lacking, IMHO).  The xDSL link seems fine...when it works.  It
tended to stall a lot on interactive connections (telnet, Quake, etc).
The network would seem to freeze for about 3 to 20 seconds.  Very not
cool.

Robert Hayden			rhayden@means.net	       UIN: 3937211
IP Network Administrator	http://rhayden.means.net
MEANS Telcom			(612) 230-4416