Re: [TCLUG:401] 56k modem

This is from Boardwatch.
http://www.boardwatch.com/mag/98/mar/bwm24.html

They did a study of 56K modems.  Apparently, there's a big difference
between the US Robotics modems and modems based on the Rockwell chipset
(according to the article, all non-USR modems are Rockwell based).  The
article seems to be non-biased, but if anyone has any criticisms, I'd like
to hear them.

BTW, USR modems (other than WinModem) work quite well in Linux.

Chris