Re: [TCLUG:473] DNS issues

Jennifer McNitt <jenmcnitt@yahoo.com> said:

Jennifer> It is now several days after I made the additions and when I
Jennifer> do a ping to mail.havenonline.com, I get a host name
Jennifer> mail.havenonline.com NOT FOUND message. I can ping the IP
Jennifer> for this name and get a response.

I usually debug these things with the nslookup program. When I do
this, I see that the DNS server ns.state.net does not know about
mail.havenonline.com while spot.kerowyns-haven.com does. Maybe spot is
not registered as the primary name server for your domain? Also, spot
returns *two* IP addresses:

spot.kerowyns-haven.com A       204.120.9.248
spot.kerowyns-haven.com A       204.120.158.68

You probably only want one of those.

Axel