Re: [TCLUG:473] DNS issues

> I usually debug these things with the nslookup program. When I do
> this, I see that the DNS server ns.state.net does not know about
> mail.havenonline.com while spot.kerowyns-haven.com does. Maybe spot is
> not registered as the primary name server for your domain?

How do I check this?  When I go to InterNic, spot.kerowyns-haven.com
is listed as the first name server.

Also, spot
> returns *two* IP addresses:
>
> spot.kerowyns-haven.com A       204.120.9.248
> spot.kerowyns-haven.com A       204.120.158.68

Spot is my multi-talented Linux box that also acts as a router.
204.120.158.68 is my internal network number.   I believe
204.120.9.248 is the IP number assigned to me by my ISP during my PPP
connect to them.  I have a static IP, dedicated 56K modem line to them.

I thought this was correct due to an example I saw in O'reilly's DNS
book.

Can you suggest any alternate configuration ideas?

Thanks!

Jen