Re: [TCLUG:522] Newbie alert!

Sometime around the 4th of July in 1998, the wannabe 3|173 h4ck3r Paul Kammueller sed:

> That'll do it too, but it still sounds like more hassle than a
> re-install.  You have to find a friend with a spare drive, go to your
> friend's house, take out his drive if it's still in his computer, run
> back to your house, hook it up, maybe format it, do the CPIO,
> repartition, etc., take the drive out, run it back to your friend's
> house, and possibly re-install it there, and run back home to play with
> your computer.  In the time it takes you to do all that running around
> and stuff you could have re-installed 2 or 3 times.  Not that you'd want
> to.  :-)
>
> Besides, re-installing Linux isn't nearly as big a hassle as
> re-installing Win95, I think.  As long as you have your custom config
> files and stuff on floppy or whatever, it's a snap.

That's one of the reasons I prefer Linux to WinXX .. there's almost ALWAYS
a way to do things without reinstalling, which is of course not the case
with the WinXX series. I detest reinstalling .. it's like .. you don't
trust your friend ;)

--
| Josh Becker                   - aka -                     JellyD |