Printer Recommendations

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations regarding printers.
My wife wants to purchase a printer that will do professional quality
work, for writing grants, etc.  I would like a printer that can do
double duty as a Win95/Linux printer.  I'm hoping to find something in
the price range of 200-400.  Any recommendations as to where to buy it
from?  We may be relocating to a remote location, so mail order
recommendations would be very helpful as far as customer service,
complaints, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Brian Seppanen
seppanen@pconline.com