DSL in the Pioneer Press

The Tech section of the Pioneer Press compares cable modems and DSL today.
In the article about DSL, the reporter talks about this guy who has set up
a network in his house and expanded it to two of his neighbors (presumable
for gaming, I suppose). Here's the part I found humorous.

"Vervair (the guy with the network) and his neighbor no longer need
separate $35-a-month phone lines for analog-modem access now that they
share on $40-a-month MegaBit connection via a DSL modem that plugs into
their LAN hub."

Did this guy just get "outed" by the Pioneer Press? Would U.S. West
approve of sharing one DSL line between households? If not, I'd be pretty
POed at the reporter. (Of course, describing it to the reporter in the
first place wasn't exactly a stroke of genius.)

-Tim

--
Timothy D. Wilson			"A little song, a little dance,
University of MN, chem. dept.		a little seltzer down your