Re: [TCLUG:925] Hmm, anyone remember the Linux conference?

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Ed Bertsch wrote:

> Did these fancy boxes from IBM explicitly support linux, especially
> in their multi-cpu configurations? Or was this just an opportunity
> for this guy to do his speil in front of a bunch of people? His
> presentation had nothing to do with Linux...

He never did mention Linux one way or another, and said nothing about the
machines working with Linux. I think someone tried to ask him that, but I
think he didn't know or something. (He was clearly ignorant of technical
issues, and reading the specs off the sheet in a voice that let me know he
didn't understand fully what he was reading. "And, ahh...4 uh, Xeon
processors, ehh, up to 1 gigabyte of Ess Dee RAM...")

heh heh Poor dude. :)

> If it takes paying admission to avoid this sort of silliness in
> the future, count me as one willing to pay the admission.

Ennh, I dunno. While it was a waste of time to sit there watching him, I
also hate paying money to be advertised to (which is what Brian Sparks was
doing, even if he is cool).

Christopher Reid Palmer : jaymz@acm.cs.umn.edu : innerFire on IRC (EFNet)

Free Software Special Interest Group : acm.cs.umn.edu/~jaymz/sigfs/
Digital Media Center : www.umn.edu/dmc/