cable modems from mediaone

Hi,
Is there anybody here who is using this  service ?
I do not have cable and so it will
cost me ~ $49.00 per month and an $99.00 installation fee.

I am not sure if it is as good as it sounds.

I couldnot get one thing answered which is if it was possible for me
to host a web server from home and be permanently connected to the
net which US West claims is possible with their ADSL.

But ADSL is  more expensive ~$400 of installation charges.

If you are interested on how to get it to work with Linux there is a
HOW-TO at:
http://velociraptor.mni.fh-giessen.de/ldp/mini/Cable-Modem.html

Thanks,
sandipan