Re: [TCLUG:1216] eth0 problems (cont.)

> Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it), I can't
> boot into DOS and fix the problem because I don't have DOS loaded on this
> computer. It's a Linux only machine. Kingston's website has some what
> appears to be utility software to download, but it's Win95/8/NT only. It
> won't run from a floppy either. It's a program that needs to be
> installed on the hard disk.
>
> Any ideas?

Umm.. if you have a Zip drive laying around, maybe that would suffice..
Do you know if it just needs a spot to put all the files, or does it
actually need a graphical windows interface?

Anyway, you should be able to make a DOS boot floppy, put the Zip
drivers on it, and then the Zip drive will come up..  Heck, if you don't
have any DOS partitions at all, it'd probably come up as drive C:

Also, I'd send a note to Kingston stating that you have a problem.  If
they don't know that customers are encountering difficulties like this,
then they are not very likely to change anything.

Mike Hicks