RE: [TCLUG:1315] Internet server (was: Why Linux?)

Here's an article that may help you fix the auto-dial problem.  Windows 95
apparently does random DNS lookups that trigger the D-O-D link.  The
solution was to point the Windows box to a local DNS server (which in your
case could be the Linux box).

http://www.brettglass.com/ttr19980130b.html

--
Carl Patten