Re: [TCLUG:1467] found pine 4.03

> I personally am sticking with pine 3.96 for several reasons:
>
> 1)  I don't like the pine 4.x interface.  It's just too different from
> 3.96.
>
> 2)  When I compiled 4.something for Redhat 4.2, the resulting program
> fucked up all my mail spool; lock file problems, permissions changed
> around.  A total mess.

I think pine-4.05 is pretty nice, but I agree they made several
unnecessary changes which has caused some irration with the local users,
like changing the key you press to print from Y to %, and using imap by
default.  Also if people used different mail spools that left around old
mail files it can screw up your inbox, so you really need to play with the
configuration defaults before you deploy it to save yourself some
headaches.

Jeff