Re: [TCLUG:1756] LILO, fdisk, and other OSes

I've had this problem, too. I didn't know about Mr. Haskovec's lilo /mbr
option, but the only way I've been successful at removing LILO was to
(ssh...don't tell anyone) install Windows 95. Note that the "sys" command
from a DOS/Win95 boot floppy did not work either! I had to actually
install Win95. Then you can go
along happily and delete 95 and install NT if wish. There must be
soemthing in the end of the install where it does more that the normal sys
command can do.

PITA, but it works...I think I'll do a mandatory System Commander install
on all my systems from now on, even if I'm only planning on installing a
single OS. It just keeps things flexible.

			Neal Tovsen