Re: [TCLUG:1781] DNS server timing out

> Before I do that I thought that this info may be useful.
>
> I ran fuser for port 53 and receiving the follow info:
>
> [root@spot log]# fuser -uv 53/tcp 53/udp
>
>                      USER       PID ACCESS COMMAND
> 53/tcp               root       253 f....  inetd
>
> Does this mean anything to anyone?  Isn't this the web server?

Umm.  take a look at your /etc/inetd.conf file.  Perhaps there is
something relevant..

You may want inetd to re-read the configuration.  also try running
'killall -HUP inetd' -- apparently that makes inetd restart or
something..  (sorry, a little sleepy yet..)

--
                    --== Mike Hicks ==--
http://umn.edu/~hick0088	mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu