/dev/audio

I was playing some mp3's with x11amp while testing enlightenment. I ending
up going to fvwm and trying and failing to load windowmaker because of a
bad windowmaker config file. I fix everything and closed x11amp. I just
opneded x11amp and tried to play a mp3 and it says error opening
/dev/audio. I get the same problem with real audio and /usr/sbin/sndconfig
(rh5.1). I don't know what happened, but how can I clear the ?lock? on
/dev/audio or whatever is wrong. I ran px aux but didn't see any sound
related programs. audio cd's play fine, but then don't use /dev/audio.

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Luey
lueyb@carleton.edu
ICQ: 19144397

[My book titled] You Can't Be Neutral on a Moving Train means that the world
is already moving in certain directions. Things are already happening. Wars
are taking place. Children are going hungry. In a world like this--already
moving in certain, often terrible directions--to be neutral or to stand by
is to collaborate with what is happening. I didn't want to be a collaborator,
and I didn't want to invite my students to be collaborators.
         -- Howard Zinn