Network Unreachable

Hi folks,

I am having a trouble understanding how I can reach the network I am connected
to. I am running COL 1.3 and a Token Ring card. The token ring card is
configured because I get occasional messages from it.
I know something is happening because /NetWare/volumes/bindery ls's a list of
all the netware 3.12 servers on the LAN. When I cd down to them they are empty.
So my basic question is: how do I login so that I can 'see' the volumes.

One of the system administrators told me that our novell 3.12 server wasn't
configured to use IP addressing... I know that we use IPX/SPX protocol but I
have not idea about the addressing scheme.

Linux networking services running:
httpd
nwclient
ipx
ibmtr (module)
probably many others that I am not even aware of.

Thanks for any pointers you might be able to provide. I am very new to Linux
but learning as fast as I can.

Rick Hendrickson