Vanilla Clients Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-CLIENTS:121] bugzilla

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999 you wrote:
>On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 02:49:41PM -0500, Bob Tanner wrote:
>> In a previous thread, there was a discussion about having bugzilla in place
>> before going to freshmeat with the server. Having an offical bug-tracking site
>> lends credibility to the server.
>
>I guess credibility is good.  But I wonder how many people will submit,
>"I can't connect to a server" as a bug... I'll be convinced of its usefulness
>(in terms of real development for Netrek) once I see it.  It certainly doesn't
>hurt to try.
>
>> Since it is going to be setup for the server, I thought I would offer the
>> services to the client developers.

As for COW, yep I like to use it.

>I would suggest creating one for COW, the main Netrek client.  If you feel
>like creating one for Paradise/TedTurner, I won't turn down the offer.  :)
>You may also want to ask Steve Sheldon (N:1999 maintainer) and Matso (N:TNG).

I already added a -B option to COW
	 [-B]   submit a Bug report (requires running netscape)
which connects automatically to the bug tracer.

So all I need is the URL I have to send. Currently it is:
	http://bugzilla.us.netrek.org/cow?version=%s&pl=%i&arch=%s"

I may also generate a macro, which will be sent over the shell tools feature.
This will allow to send even more info, like server ship type, race, ...
Basically whatever you like automatically.

Kurt (007)

--
Kurt Siegl / Franzberg 4, A-4483 Hargelsberg, Austria
Email: 007@netrek.org       Tel (ISDN):   *(7225)7017