[VANILLA-L:517] Re: RGN: 24 Hour LPS thread

[Re: INL-style pickup]

Terry Chay suggested INL-style pickup (again) last week.  I know that
the idea has been around for a long time (at least a year), but nothing
was done about it.

> Can this be done in the current server?

Yes.  No further mods to the actual server code should be necessary
to support this, with the possible exception of some player command
interfaces (i.e. to *cmds.c).

> Would the INL robot help out here?

Yes, although we won't need most of the features that the robot
provides.  For purposes of robustness, a subset of the INL
robot, call it a ClueBot, should be created to handle the game.

> I really think this would be a cool feature.

Yes, it would, but I wonder if it would actually be successful...
Personally, though, I don't find LPS all that boring.  In fact,
the ClueBot might make things worse by discouraging teams to
try to win big (i.e. by more than just 3 planets).

Dave.
--
Dave Ahn,  ahn@vec.bgsm.edu             "When you were born you cried, and the
           ahn@indigo2.rad.bgsm.edu      world rejoiced.  Try to live your life