[VANILLA-L:852] Re: [VANILLA-L:848] INL Robot todo-list additions

Kevin wrote:
> Here are some more things that still need to be done in the INL robot:

> To recap, these are the items I listed in my last message:
> INL Pickup - If the server is "voted in" it should not attempt to use the
> INL ports.  It should start in a "clue-bot mode"..

I just posted a message to r.g.n. questioning the need of INL Pickup.
Turning pickup into INL is like trying to turn lead into gold.  Should
we really be wasting our resources on this?

I like your idea, Kevin, of making INL mode a .sysdef thing.  Same
should go for hockey as well.  I don't see the need of allowing
servers to be so flexible that players can vote in new modes.

How much work would it take to have the server use different
databases for different robots?  Hockey stats shouldn't be kept in
with Bronco stats.  Keeping INL stats in a separate database and then
zeroing them out then wouldn't be a problem.

> Galaxy resets at end of game.

I'll take this one on, unless somebody has alread started it.

By the way, what happened to the source code for 2.8?  I went to
wormhole and it wasn't there.

-Jeff (specter)
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++