[VANILLA-L:1009] metaserver etc...

Wow, you guys are great! Thanks for the great response. Ok here are
the interested people and my opinion on how I would set things up.

metaserver(s):
--------------

We now have 4 metaservers going. 1 in europe (run by Frank), mine, Carlos',
and Bob's.  Although the automatic server update stuff is working I still
think it is important to keep the metarc files up to date. I noticed there
is a metaserver@netrek.org alias. Who is on this? I'd make this the place
to request having servers added. I'll send more email to the metaserver
alias on general administration once I know we're all on it..

client key list:
----------------

I like Frank's idea of setting up an alias for this such as
keylist@netrek.org. But I do think that one person should manage the key
list at a time. The other metaservers can update themselves from it if you
want to set that up. Carlos has said he is interested.

ftp site:
---------

Bob, Sven and Dave have all said they are interested. The more the merrier!
I'd set up some aliases and have one be the main one and the other mirrors.
Something like:

	ftp.netrek.org
	ftp2.netrek.org
        ftp.eu.netek.org

Or some such thing (if it doesn't already exist).

Crypt key for RSA package:

Funny, I thought this would be the hardest to get rid of! :-) Ok, Steve
Bob and Dave are all interested. I like the idea of making an email alias
where you can all be on it and I like Steve's idea of dumping crypt and
using something else like gzip.  I didn't know gzip could do this.

I think an alias for this would be good too so it can easily get passed to
someone else later on.. Something like rsakey@us.netrek.org.

Nick

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++