[VANILLA-L:764] Probelm compiling

	Alright, ya'll have been great so far, but I had another
problem... :)
	Everything seemed to make fine until this happened:

	cd xsg; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/xsg'
gcc   -DSHRINKFRAME -DREALLYFAST -DXSG     -I -c colors.c
/usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `main'
make[1]: *** [colors.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/xsg'
make: [do_xsg] Error 2 (ignored)
cd pledit; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/pledit'
gcc -O         -c main.c -o main.o
main.c:39: macro `va_start' used with just one arg
make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/pledit'
make: *** [do_pledit] Error 2

	The undefined reference looked bad, simply because it came from an
installed library!
	And the va_start thing I really don't get.  I looked at the man
page, and it says it requires two arguments, but it compiled just fine
with just one on a P166MMX running RedHat 5.0???  Any suggestions?
	Also, I was getting frustrated with this on the PowerPC running
RedHat 4.2, so I compiled it on the P166, and it compiled ok, and even
ran, but when I would connect, play a little, die, and then restart, the
game would never start up again?  Strange.  I'll see what happens on the
PowerPC first though (since that's the machine it needs to run on!).

_
Mark

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++