[VANILLA-L:765] Re: [VANILLA-L:764] Probelm compiling

Mark Nipper writes:

> 	cd xsg; make
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/netrek/Server/xsg'
> gcc   -DSHRINKFRAME -DREALLYFAST -DXSG     -I -c colors.c
> /usr/lib/crt1.o(.text+0xb0): undefined reference to `main'

Your INCLUDES variable in the makefile is undefined - note the "-I" with
nothing following it.  It should be set to your X11 includes directory.

What has happened - it's using the "-c" as the argument it expects to
follow "-I".  Since it then doesn't have a "-c", the compiler is trying
to create an executable instead of an object file, which of course it
can't do with just a subroutine.

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu

+