Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:1512] Re: [VANILLA-L:1511] Re: Even more trouble.

On Mon, Feb 22, 1999 at 01:10:39PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> Mikael Sandstr|m wrote:
>
> > Can ntserv crash without leaving a corefile ?
>
> Sure.  kill -KILL or kill -INT will do it.

I think he's wondering if ntserv is crashing, causing the slots to
die.  It can happen without a core dump, depending on how the
coredumpsize limit is set in ntserv's environment.  However, I don't
think it's very likely; ntserv is essentially unchanged from the
vanilla releases which have been in use on many platforms for years.

> > PS do we want htmlstats ?
>
> What?

Do we want the stats in HTML, is the question.  I think it's
completely obvious, and I personally refuse to spend any time at all
trying to fit at much data as possible into 80 columns, when there is
a ubiquitous and easy-to-use alternative that also allows me to create
a very simple subroutine in end_tourney.pl which drops the stats into
a public directory automatically at the end of the game.  Having
everyone grab tarballs, untar them and read the PWstats with "more" is
ridiculous.
 -Tom
+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++