Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:1518] RE: [VANILLA-L:1516] Re: [VANILLA-L:1515] Re: Even more trouble.

Bob Tanner wrote:
> First, I'd like to see the stats in a "real" database,  mySQL and mSQL
> jump to mind, but I do not know the license on them and yes, there is
> more setup/work to get them running, but the payoff would be great.
> Like phtml-ing stuff out of the database in a dynamic fashion.

 MySQL is free, unless you are selling products or services using it.  So
for our purposes it would not be a problem/

http://www.mysql.org

 I finally had some free time this weekend and I ended up devoting it to
trying to install mysql, apache, php and stonekeep bug tracking on my home
Solaris box.  Just to see how difficult it was and what it would do.

 If someone has the hardware resources available, I think it would be an
interesting thing to have.  Both bug tracking, but also stats tracking...

 It probably wouldn't be too difficult to write another web app using php to
display INL stats out of the database, etc.

Steve

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++