Vanilla List Maling List Archive

[VANILLA-L:1522] Re: Even more trouble.

On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, James Cameron wrote:

> Copied Vanilla because I have some questions ...
>
> Mikael Sandstr|m wrote:
> > Here comes the ERRORS file, I've deleted some at the top from my first
> > testrun, players that disapered was namescum@..,d1tim@..., frankn@..
>
> [...]
>
> > I cannot open the player file!
> > Error number: 2
>
> This is from getname.c, and shows that the .players file was missing at
> the time someone tried to login.  2 is ENOENT, meaning in this context
> that the named file does not exist on open().
>
> Should the players file be missing at this point?

This is propebly from my old game, it always seems to happen after a game.
I think the server removes it to be able to play another game with stats
reseted ?

> > input.c/resurrect: The client went away! (mr@marikat.demon.n)
> > input.c/resurrect: I will attempt to resurrect him!
> > input.c: Oh well, maybe I'm getting rusty! (mr@marikat.demon.n) exits
>
> Probably related to above; the getname.c code may not be responding
> properly if the players file is missing, which may have resulted in the
> client being dead.
>
> > input.c/resurrect: The client went away! (mr@marikat.demon.n)
> > input.c/resurrect: I will attempt to resurrect him!
> > 2) read() failed (535, error 4)
> > input.c: Oh well, maybe I'm getting rusty! (mr@marikat.demon.n) exits
>
> 4 is EINTR.  read() [socket.c:935] was interrupted by the ntserv alarm
> timer, issued as part of daemon synchronisation by daemonII.c.  I guess
> the data stream from the client froze.  socket.c received the start of a
> packet from the client, but did not receive the rest of it.
>
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > input.c/resurrect: The client went away! (krasne@cii3130-07.rcs.)
> > input.c/resurrect: I will attempt to resurrect him!
> > input.c: Oh well, maybe I'm getting rusty! (krasne@cii3130-07.rcs.) exits
>
> One of the clients caused an EPIPE on write() to the socket.  The TCP/IP
> connection broke, no reason available.
>
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > forceShutdown for krasne@cii3130-07.rcs.rpi.edu: 15
>
> The forceShutdown shows a FREE worked.
>
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > flushSockBuf: gwrite failed, client marked dead: Broken pipe
> > forceShutdown for sn@dialin-109.HRZ.Uni-Dortmund.DE: 15
>
> Same again.

All these players had lagproblems and I guess it was ordinar ghostbust.

> > sh: ./end_tourney.pl: not found

Someone thinks every unixsustem have perl installed in the same place.
You should at least take away the default statspath thats says
something like /.../holub/stats
It won't work on many systems.

> You on 2.9pl1 yet?  2.9pl0 didn't install the end_tourney.pl file.
>
> > I cannot open the player file!
> > Error number: 2
>
> Same as earlier.

Yes it always happen after a game.
> > daemonII/ss:  Signaling an invalide process!daemonII/ss: Signaling
> > an invalide process!daemonII/ss:  Signaling an invalide
>
> No new-line on error message.  Fixed in CVS.  Why has the ntserv gone
> away though, without marking it's slot free?

ntservprosesses was disapering during the hole game, it was the problem.
And holub this is not a new problem, it happened quite frequent at
real-times pickupserver after vicious eject was installed. A player
getting a slot which been freed had a very good chance of "GBing" this
way, as far as I know it might be realated.
Maybe I need to run a game with all players attached gdb ....

/Mikael

+
++ Vanilla-l Mailing List ++