Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: SSL

I've been looking at SSL for an application at work (a Supernova
coincidence trigger between various neutrino detectors,
http://hep.bu.edu/~snnet/ -- which, by the way, is currently operating
on a netrek-inspired model :)

Anyway, I was wondering how hard it would be to convert netrek to using
SSL for the verification instead of the straight RSA library.  Being
able to tell people "go install openssl and run ./configure" would be a
step forward in usability.  People could then install whatever
implementation of SSL fits their local laws or budget.

       Alec

--
       Alec Habig, Boston University Particle Astrophysics Group
			   habig@budoe.bu.edu