Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:2837] New encryption laws?

On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 09:45:59AM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2000 at 03:28:33PM -0600, sheldon wrote:
> > If I'm reading this correctly, we send an email to the Men in Black telling
> > them about netrek.org, and include the RSA stuff in our source code...
> >
> > So what are we waiting for?
>
> Leadership?  Unfortunately I can't do it myself, I'm not one of you.
> Someone ought to do it.  Volunteers?

Carlos summed it up nicely.  We cannot release the code yet.  However, I
will contact RSA again and see if they are willing to loosen their
licensing restrictions.  When we are able, I will release the US code.

Dave

--
Dave Ahn <ahn@vec.wfubmc.edu>        |  "When you were born, you cried and the
                                     |  world rejoiced.  Try to live your life
Virtual Endoscopy Center             |  so that when you die, you will rejoice
Wake Forest Univ. School of Medicine |  and the world will cry."  -1/2 jj^2