Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

The r.g.n ejection debate

Sorry to bring the thread here, but I dislike posting to newsgroups.

I like Tom's suggestion of labelling the servers beginner and advanced.
My guess is this could be done via DNS entries at the netrek.org domain so
that all clients see the change immediately.  I view labelling the servers
as trying to change user expectations rather than changing the servers.

For the record, I don't care whether pickled is labelled "beginner" or
"advanced".  I do think the "advanced" server should have some form of
ejection and no form of twarp.

Opinions?

-dave

PS, Sheldon: If I remember correctly, you promised to change Netrek 2000
(or whatever its called) to automatically answer the eject questions.
IMO, this is misguided.  A more difficult but arguably better thing to
spend your time on is good documentation for newbies.