Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3211] getting the src w/out using cvs?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2000, Zachary Uram wrote:
> hey I got slow 40k connection at home (56k modem) so until I get
> DSL I would like to d/l the vanilla code at work (10MB/sec) and
> save to Zip Disk then load at home on Zip Drive so how can I
> download COMPLETE server code (netrekd, robotd) without being
> forced use this cvs thing? Where does one download cvs for Red
> Hat Linux anyways?

cvs is one of the packages on the Redhat CD.  If you don't have a redhat CD,
then you can get all the packages that are on it from ftp.redhat.com or
ftp.rpmfind.net, as well as 100s of mirror sites.  The source code isn't that
big, it's hardly worth the trouble of using a zip disk for the few minutes of
download time you'll save.