Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:3228] ping

...<snip>...
>When you die, there would be a shipyard of completed
>ships sitting there waiting.  If you want one of them,
>you select it and are back in the game.  If resources have
>been short, you may not have the ship you want available
>and might have to wait 30-60 seconds for it to be built.
>In the meantime, you would be allowed to watch as if
>connected to the observer port.
...<snip>...

Couldn't you just do this as it is?  It seems to me to be easier
to give each ship a build time based on the planets available and
then have a list of selectable ships.  Choosing one takes that,
ship off the list.

SC SC SC SC SC SC SC SC SC SC
DD DD DD DD DD DD
CA CA CA CA
AS AS AS AS
BB BB
SB

(At full strength or strength=1.00)
If someone selects the Base it takes 5 minutes to rebuild one.(and a limit
of one at a time).  If the BB's are choosen it takes 3 minutes to build
another.  2 minutes for a CA or AS. 1 minute for a DD and 30 seconds for a
SC.

I have many more ideas on this that need to be though through, like limits
on the number of ships etc.

Just starting to brain storm,

Michael