Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3228] ping

On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 02:29:15PM -0600, ronbarry@es.com wrote:

> The logical problem with LPS is that it makes no sense
> that a race with 1/19th the planets of another would be
> able to fend off that enemy for an extended period.

Actually, it makes perfect sense.  There are dozens of examples from
wars throughout history.  The farther you are from home, the harder it
is to maintain your supply lines and the more it costs to attack.

> Most of the stuff I've toyed with falls along the line of
> restricting the capabilities of your ship based upon the
> number and quality of planets your team holds at the time.

This is a FOCS.
Fool around with it if you want, but it won't make a better game.

There's a simple solution to the LPS problem; timed pickup games.
 -Tom