Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3019] technical question

From: "Bob Campbell" <rsc@scd.ucar.edu>

> You know about 'netrek' and 'Xpilot', and we've mentioned 'bolo', but
there's
> also 'xtank' and 'xfirepower' that use similar messaging systems, though
> I don't know how relevent they'd be to you.

An even older Internet multiplayer game that most likely does that kind of
aggregation is the unix strategy/wargame called "empire", which has roots
going back at least to the early 70s.  Technical questions would be
appropriate for the newsgroup rec.games.empire, and the denizens of that
community would also be happy to be able to help blow away such a stupid
patent.

-Dan Damouth