Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Re: [VANILLA-LIST:3115] Monitoring Netrek Services

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 04:29:16PM -0400, Dave Ahn wrote:
> The best way to check the server state would be to add that functionality
> to newstartd.  In fact, newstartd should check daemonII periodically and
> restart it in resume mode (no, there isn't such a thing right now) if it
> ever crashes.

Actually, if netrekd started daemonII instead of ntserv, then it could
wait on the SIGCHLD it gets in order to know if it is alive or not.

So far we have resisted any shared memory access within netrekd, for
fairly good reasons.  Currently netrekd is fully restartable; it is
possible to break this feature with lack of care.  ;-}

--
James Cameron   mailto:quozl@us.netrek.org   http://quozl.us.netrek.org/