Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

Monitoring Netrek Services

I am slowing moving away from Solstice Domain Manager and to an open source
network monitoring tool call NetSaint <http://www.netsaint.org/>.

I am finding NetSaint to be more flexible, better reporting and more
customizable (hey, it's open source!).

One of the nice things is you can write monitoring agents for specific
services. For instance, a irc agent can tell number of users currently online,
max users, channels, etc.

So, I am wondering what would be a good netrek agent? What should it report?

I have the ping agent running against continuum now, so I can tell if the box
is up network-wise.

Is the agent as simple as telnetting to port 2591?

What is necessary to determine that netrek server is up and running?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700