Vanilla List Mailing List Archive

RE: [VANILLA-LIST:3115] Monitoring Netrek Services

Hmm, we use Tivoli for monitoring our applications, Openview for monitoring
our network and Ecotools for monitoring our servers.

We write little test apps which call funcitons in the application to do
things.

This might be calling the LoadAsset routine to try to retrieve record #1.
It may be calling the document search to retrieve all documents belonging to
'sheldon'.  For checking message queuing, we send a message into the queue
and look for it at the other end.

One way to check to see if the netrek server is responding is to have a
client which connects, does something like send a message to itself, and
then disconnects.  If this all happened within a time limit of say 30
seconds it responds with 'Success', otherwise it responds with 'Failure'.