On Thu, Oct 2, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Justin Krejci <jus at krytosvirus.com> wrote:

> The "GPL is not restrictive" debate is a common one. I don't disagree the
> GPL has good value and intentions; I just don't think it is as free of
> restrictions as some claim.

The whole debate starts with a simple "replacement" of the terms. We
are speaking about free (as in free speech) and not free (as free
beer).

And the freedom (free speech) has price, it's not free beer. And the
price is the restrictions, imposed by GPL.

If you care about the freedom, pay the price, respect the terms of
GPL, and allow everybody to has the same freedoms as you have.

If you want to get someone else's code for free (gratis, free beer) -
then GPL is not for you, use something else, or write your own code.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.