Your point would be worth more than 10 seconds consideration if you weren't the one tooting your own horn.  Your pure hubris
    nullifies the good points and severely tarnishes your work.

Does asking you to give us a share of the credit for our work tarnish
it?  I don't think so, but each person can judge that for himself.

    : it's a choice much of the world has already made,

Whatever others decide, the group in Minneapolis can make its own
decisions.  This particular choice is not irrevocable, so the group
can do as it sees fit.