> Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:22:34 -0500
> From: Elvedin Trnjanin <trnja001 at umn.edu>

> Some leadership for this group would be good - at least we would have
> someone actively trying to set up meetings (and look for speakers) or
> installfests instead of what we have now.

What we have now is some people, at some times, set up meetings and
installfests. That's pretty good.

If you want more activity, just make it happen. Installfests basically
require a room and power. Internet is nice but not strictly necessary. A
network could be useful. Very nice is sponsored food.

Right now, in this group, you can take on as much leadership as you want
to, and let it go just as easily.

I also belong to a local 501(c)(3) non-profit educational organization. It
has to have volunteer officers, track their money with quarterly reports
to the IRS, etc, etc, etc. It takes tons of work, and some people do their
stint and disappear for years at a time from burnout. We also have events
with 100 to 1200 people attending, anywhere from 2 to 6 times a year. That
number of that size of events requires work, and it appears that most of
us spend our energies in other ways. I do.

I am also very glad that some of us step up and take things a little
farther, make things more interesting and valuable here. Thanks, guys.
(Folks?)

Chris

(Who has almost riled himself up enough to start organizing micro install
fests.)