Hi guys,

Thank you so much for all this useful info! I did go to my local Barnes and
Noble and took a good look at what they had, and that helped me figure out
what I wanted (something more CLI-oriented). I'll also take a look a the
online references you all gave.

>Perhaps you should look at google a little more closely:
>http://www.google.com/options/specialsearches.html<http://www.google.com/options/specialsearches.html>

Very good resource. It's already improved some of my Linux-based results.

> I understand some still like that dead-tree reference laying around

I do like to have a good reference/guide book around, as my Linux box
currently isn't hooked up to the Net.
*
Have goals - *
Yes, I agree with having a goal in mind first. I was thinking about this.
What about re-building the kernel? Or maybe de-compiling (you can do that,
yes?) and re-compiling several programs would give me good practice.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Nick

--