On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Nick Scholtes <airchia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have goals -
> Yes, I agree with having a goal in mind first. I was thinking about this.
> What about re-building the kernel? Or maybe de-compiling (you can do that,
> yes?) and re-compiling several programs would give me good practice.
> Thoughts?

I think someone already said this, but - go with gentoo. Their
documentation is exactly what you are after. They explain every step
of the instalation, building from source, etc - all in CLI. And a lot
of couces to make, so you can play with it as much as you want.

AFAIK, now they provide pre-build installation packages, but you
should be able to go with the "source" way.

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.