So most of you are probably out drinking. Damn my poverty.

Anyway, I enjoyed the talk, although having read much of his work previously,
it was certainly nothing new or groundbreaking to me. But it was enjoyable
nonetheless.

A question that I walked away with actually stemed from the Q&A after the main
lecture. Someone brought up a question regarding perceived incompatibility
between free software and regulated industries (in this example, medical
device software). Although I thought RMS was slightly brusque in his reply, I
would be inclined to agree with his rebuttal (the crux of which was "what do
those things have to do with each other and why should they conflict at all?").
However, I'll readily admit that my knowledge of this field is completely non-
existent, and if anyone could perhaps shed a little more light on this topic
for me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I know it's asking too much of my luck that
the original questioner would be on this list, maybe someone else could
explain this in a little more depth.

Oh, and uh... First Post ;)

-pete