Re: (ASCEND) anyone know if bri bug is fixed yet?

On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Jason Nealis wrote:

> Ahh 1800 issues, My favorite topic of the month, What release were
>you seeing this problem, If I've seen it, Then it goes like this, The
>BRI will not show correct signaling, Either an X or a . but upon
>reboot you get the big D.

>Is that the same one?

Yes, that's the same one that affects our 1800.

I backed our 1800 back down to 5.0Ap5 and the box will go for 5 days at a
shot with no reboots, but still will loose sync eventually.  Put any of the
newer code past p5 in, and i'd be rebooting it two to four times a day
because we'd have lines to "." or "X".

When I reported it quite time ago (probably close to a year ago now), I was
told it's a "telco" issue.  Problem was the Telco couldn't figure out why
either.  So i'm not the only person seeing this.  Interesting.

Dave Anderson
Network Engineering
Citicom Online Communication Services, Inc