Re: (ASCEND) BGP 4 ?

At 10:15 AM 11/26/97 -0600, Joe  Shaw wrote:
>On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Kevin Smith wrote:
>
>> At 08:26 AM 11/25/97 -0700, Joseph Hickman wrote:
>> >On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Matt Holdrege wrote:
>> >
>> >[snip]
>> >
>> >	I doubt that.  Just because it's the competition doesn't mean
>> >they can't match or surpass you.
>>
>> Agreed, they might one day have a product to compare (the 12000?).
Currently
>> they don't (my opinion too :-).
>
>The 7200 compares.  I've had them both in my network and the 7200 wins
>hands down.

In what way? How is the comparison done ?

I can make an argument that my Lexus is a superior vehicle to a Rolls
Royce, and
then change the criteria and reverse the conclusion...

I've seen the reviews internally of course, but also the Tolly Group tests
confirm that it outperforms the 7xxx series in any tests they put it through.

If these tests are not valid for real-world comparisons, then we should
have them
modified. Any feedback is welcome!

Kevin